I like the Midori Traveler's Notebook so much I decided to make a small one...

I've been using the Midori for about 3 weeks now and I really like it - particularly because the notebooks are held in with elastic and I can change them depending on where I'm going/ what I'm doing. There's no room in my large cover for a diary so I was contemplating the smaller version - ideal as it's a pocket sized - but first I thought I'd have a go at making a DIY version.
I found a Ryman's notebook (similar to a pocket moleskine) - they used to have great paper but recently changed it and it's no longer any good with fountain pens so it would have just stayed in my notebook drawer unused. I used a scalpel to remove the paper leaving the back pocket and elastic still attached to the cover.
I then taped the spine to make it look neater, added some eyelets and elastic and trimmed the pocket down slightly to make it easier to access..


I positioned the eyelets to hold a midori diary and 2 notebooks - but it will also take 3 moleskine cahiers (as pictured) or I can make my own inserts and the fact it has a hard cover is really useful.